SFL Submits Response to Provincial Bill 85
On behalf of nearly 100,000 members, 37 affiliated organizations, and over 600 locals, the SFL has made an official submission to the Government of Saskatchewan on Bill 85.
If passed, Bill 85 will completely restructure the laws for working in our province and have serious consequences for the people that live and work in Saskatchewan.
Just some of the negative effects Bill 85 will have include:
- The elimination of the weekend
- The elimination of the 8-hour workday
- The elimination of overtime pay
- The elimination of commonly-observed statutory holidays
- Allowing employers to cancel rest and meal breaks
- Prohibiting thousands of working people from joining organizations of their choosing
- The imposition of discriminatory accounting rules for working people's organizations
- Allowing employers to interfere in working people's organizations
- Blaming working people for their own injuries at work
To view the SFL submission on Bill 85, click here.